Local Natural Porterhouse Steak
Local Natural Porterhouse Steak
- Always cut-to-order by an artisanal butcher
- Free delivery on orders over $250
The Quick Facts About Our Porterhouse Steak in Toronto
- 100% local natural Canadian beef
- Naturally raised
- Free from added hormones and antibiotics
A steak cut from where the tenderloin and strip loin come together? Yes, please! That’s a porterhouse, the big, famous, t-shaped steak that includes a strip steak and a tenderloin in the same piece. We hand-cut our porterhouse steaks in-house, fresh to order, from 100% local natural beef. It’s big. It’s hearty. It’s a dining experience that has made the porterhouse a steakhouse legend for as long as we can remember.
Goes Great With...
Though our local natural porterhouse steaks are delicious alongside well-seasoned potato dishes, grilled corn, and sauteed tomatoes, partnering them with other proteins creates a sumptuous and elevated dining experience.
Below are a few of our recommendations. These protein options, when prepared and served alongside porterhouse steak, create a diverse and flavorful meal, allowing for a range of tastes and textures to be enjoyed together.
- Our Boneless Skin On Chicken Breastis a versatile protein that can be prepared in various ways, such as grilling, roasting, or sautéing. Its mild flavor and tender texture provide a contrasting element to the robustness of the porterhouse steak. Seasoned with herbs, spices, or a marinade, grilled chicken breast can offer a lighter option to balance the richness of the steak.
- For a red meat option, our Canadian Lamb Loin Lamb Chops also pair beautifully with a porterhouse steak. The natural gaminess of lamb complements the bold flavors of the steak. Grilled or pan-seared lamb chops seasoned with herbs like rosemary and thyme create a harmonious combination.
- With its mild flavor, our Pork Tenderloin allows the steak to remain the star of the dish while providing a contrasting texture. Pork tenderloin can be grilled, roasted, or even wrapped in bacon for added flavor and juiciness. Its versatility and ability to absorb various marinades and seasonings make it an ideal protein to serve alongside porterhouse steak.
- Our Muscovy Duck Breast offers a rich and robust flavor that pairs exceptionally well with the bold flavors of porterhouse steak. The succulent and slightly gamey meat of duck can be seared or grilled to achieve crispy skin and a tender interior. Its fatty nature adds a luxurious element to the meal.
Our Preferred Preparation for Local Natural Porterhouse Steak
Grilling a porterhouse steak is a classic and delicious way to enhance its natural flavors. Start by preheating the grill to high heat, ensuring it's nice and hot. Season the porterhouse steak generously with salt, black pepper, and any additional desired spices or herbs (we love anything with smoky paprika and garlic powder). Place the steak on the grill, allowing it to sear for a few minutes on each side to develop those beautiful grill marks and create a flavorful crust.
Next, move the steak to a slightly cooler part of the grill or reduce the heat slightly to continue cooking it to the desired doneness. This allows the heat to penetrate the thick cut of meat, ensuring it cooks evenly. For a medium-rare steak, aim for an internal temperature of around 130-135°F (54-57°C), which provides a perfect balance between tenderness and juiciness. Remember to use a meat thermometer for accurate results.
Finally, once the steak reaches the desired doneness, remove it from the grill and let it rest for a few minutes. This resting period allows the juices to redistribute throughout the meat, resulting in a tender and juicy steak. Slice the porterhouse against the grain, separating the tenderloin and strip steak sections, and serve it hot. The combination of the signature t-bone shape, blackened grill lines, and the mouthwatering flavor of a perfectly grilled porterhouse steak create a truly craveable combination.
How Much Does Porterhouse Steak Cost?
Our local and natural porterhouse steaks are priced based on weight, ranging from $23.99 for a 16oz steak to $47.98 for a 32oz steak. *Prices are subject to change. See the top of this page for the most current pricing information.
How It Ships...
Our local and natural porterhouse steak is hand cut to order at our butcher shop in Toronto and then immediately vacuum sealed at its freshest before being shipped directly to your door on our own fleet of refrigerated trucks. We deliver throughout the greater Toronto area. We also have in-store pick-up available.